News

August coach travel

Trust In Yellow Coach Travel 2016/17

We know that members appreciated the improvements we made to our Coach Travel last year. We shall try to repeat and if possible improve on that this season.

We sent out requests for quotes to eleven coach companies after the fixtures were issued although only a minority of those actually replied. The cost of hiring a coach for some of the trips has increased but we aim to be as competitive as possible in our prices.

The trips we are offering in August are:

 

Saturday 6th August to Dagenham & Redbridge

£29 for members, £24 under 16 members, £34 for non-members

Coach (Alfa) leaves the MCS at 7.30 am.

We are offering this at a price which is much cheaper than we offered on the trip to Dagenham for the FA Cup match two years ago.

We must have bookings for this coach by Sunday, 31st July after the Everton match.

 

Tuesday 16th August to Macclesfield Town

£10 for all members, £12.50 for non-members

Coach (Elite) leaves the MCS at 5.00pm

There will be earlier pick up points at the Arion etc.

 

Saturday 20th August to Lincoln City

£23 for members, £20 under 16 members, £28 for non-members

Coach (Elite) leaves the MCS at 10.00am

There will be earlier pick up points at the Arion etc.

 

Bank Holiday Monday 29th August to Forest Green Rovers

£22 for members, £19 under 16 members, £27 for non-members.

Coach (Alfa) leaves the MCS at 9.30 am.

 

Places on the coaches can be booked in the Trust Office on match days or by texting Bill Sloan on 07952056385, emailing him at wjsloan@blueyonder.co.uk OR through the Trust In Yellow Facebook or Twitter pages.

Continue Reading

Pre-season kit

We’re delighted that Trust in Yellow will feature prominently at all seven of Southport’s friendlies this pre-season.

As they prepare for the campaign ahead, Andy Bishop’s squad will play their warm-up matches in a brand new pre-season kit, which is part sponsored by the Trust.

It means that the Trust’s name will feature on the shorts and sleeves of every player this summer and it will also become the regular kit for friendlies in future seasons.

The Trust would like to thank club photographer Julia Urwin, who has kindly donated the funds raised from the use of her photos last season to cover the Trust’s contribution to the project.

Also sponsored by sportswear providers, Galaxy Football, the new kit, consisting of a pink shirt and black shorts, will be worn for the first time this Saturday, when Southport open their pre-season schedule away at Bootle.

Pictured with the new kit is Andy Bishop, the Southport manager, with Mark Parr of Galaxy Football (left) and Noel Warham, the Trust in Yellow vice chairman.

The new colours have been introduced after pre-season kits were used to raise money for charity in both 2013 and 2015.

After the visit to Bootle, the Sandgrounders travel to Chorley next Tuesday, July 12. Bishop’s team play at home for the first time against Bury on Saturday July 23, before the new National League season begins on Saturday August 6.

 

 

Continue Reading

Prediction League

Trust in Yellow is again organising the popular Prediction League for the upcoming Vanarama National League season.

You can enter the competition HERE. Entry is just £1.

Simply place your prediction for the finishing position of each team in the National League in the boxes.

You get points on how close you are to each team, so if you predict Southport to finish 1st and they do, you get 24 points, if they finish 24th you would get 1 point.

Last season, the winner, Peter Prendergast, won £100.

The closing date is Saturday August 6.

Thanks to Rob Urwin for again organising the competition on the Trust’s behalf.

Continue Reading

Minutes of Trust in Yellow Board Meeting - Wednesday May 11th 2016

Board members present:

Martin Robinson, Bill Sloan, Alan Jones, Colin Aindow, Noel Warham, Howard Birch

1. Taking of Minutes

HB agreed to take Minutes for this meeting.

 

2. Minutes of last meeting and matters arising

Coaches – All would like the Coaches to run more frequently next season – MR will contact a number Companies for prices once fixtures are released. We are hoping for competitive pricing once again but there is no guarantee of this.

The Board wishes to thank all those who helped run the Coaches this season, especially MR & BS.

It should be mentioned that the running of Coaches this season came a lot closer to breaking even than the previous season. BS also reports that there is an improved feeling on Coaches this season.

CA raised an issue with an article written by Haydn which talked about the Floodlights where the Trust was given only a small mention and the Board felt that we should have received more recognition.

As a way of reflecting all the good work we do it was decided that AJ would ask the Visiter if we could have a regular column to promote the Trust and it’s Events.

 

3. Treasurer’s report

The Trust now has around £11,960 in its current account. £200 was received from Julia Urwin and £100 paid to winner of prediction League.

Discussion took place on moving a large percentage of funds into non-accessible Savings Account but it was felt that there may be need to access money at short notice with upcoming projects.

To be reviewed on a meeting by meeting basis.

 

4. Membership

Memberships currently stand at 203. 37 brand new members have joined during the season.

It was felt that the Trust has raised it’s profile over the season but we will look to convert this into Membership numbers on Coaches and at Events over the next season, especially focussed on Junior Members.

 

5. Brief review of recent Trust Events

The Player of the Year Awards Evening was a great success and the Board would like to thank NW for his presenting skills which helped knit the night together excellently.

The Board would also like to put on record their Thanks to Les Rooney for all his efforts ensuring the Microphone and all other Technology worked well. This helped everyone in the packed room feel involved and also to Colin Alty for presenting the Awards as well as Ron Ellis, Rob Urwin & Colin for arranging the Euro Draw.

 

6. Social Media Issues

Some Social Media issues were raised by Members. It was agreed that the Board Members with access would change the passwords to ensure security is kept tight.

 

7. Board Membership

Board Members were reminded of the Board Membership & Conduct Policy and how it should be followed.

 

8. Future Events and Activities

HB gave an update on the progress of improving Disabled Facilities – An area for a new viewing facility and measurements have been sent out to various Companies and people who may be able to help.

Further update will be given at next meeting.

Cricket Match v Southport Trinity – 26th June – Great response and 16 players have committed to play – NW to Co-ordinate the event.

Next Match Signs – Various options and variations are being looked at for next season and MR will look to get some quotes.

Brewery Trip – A Saturday during the off-season TBC by CA

AGM agreed to take place in August.

Next Seasons Monthly Events – Various options and scheduling ideas are being looked at including Race Night & Christmas Party.

NW, CA and AJ will look into having a Special Event late in the season to celebrate 50 years since Promotion involving Local Schools and will hopefully encompass an event or an exhibition at The Atkinson. Further updates will follow.

Ideas are invited on how we should celebrate the 10 year anniversary.

BS raised the idea of replacing the Trust signs at the Trust Office.

 

9. Trust Strategy and Priorities for 2016/17

Board Members were asked to think about areas the Board should focus on in the coming year. To report back at next meeting.

 

10. Next Meeting

Next Meeting will be a Members Meeting on 14th June.

Continue Reading